Posted on January 25, 2021
Senior Level Design Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent job experience
Senior Design Engineer
Summary of Duties:
• Develop new designs with minimal input from management.
• Maintain and update current designs.
• Provide technical support for D&L Manufacturing operations.
• Provide advanced technical support for D&L customers.
• Provide technical support for D&L Purchasing.
• Assist in development of technical and sales information.
• Train and support new engineers.
• Provides customer support through D&L on-call rotation.
• Conduct R&D and API11D1 tests.
• Field support and sales travel.
• Develop Manufacturing Specifications
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 10-15 years Design Drafting, 6-10 years Design Engineer or 2-4 years Design Engineer II
• 6 years design experience.
• 6 years design calculations experience.
• 2-4 field training trips.
• Ability to work in the Engineering Test Lab or direct personnel to conduct a test.
Job Skills/Tools Required:
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Advanced working knowledge of CAD system.
• Computer skills
• Ability to translate customer needs into working designs.
• Ability to present in-depth technical presentations on downhole completions and equipment.
• Working knowledge of English language.
• Good communication skills verbal and written.
• Good overall understanding of D&L products and some competitor products.
• Advanced understanding of downhole conditions and completions.
• Advanced knowledge of materials and coatings.